What Is Primary Care?
In medicine, primary care is a term used for a health care provider who acts as a first point of consultation for all patients. Generally, primary care physicians are based in the community, as opposed to the hospital. (Source: Wikipedia)
Primary Care at Student Health Services is provided by physicians and nurse practitioners. It refers to a wide variety of services:
- Appointments for illness and injury including ordering appropriate lab work, x-rays, prescriptions, physical therapy and other referrals as needed.
- Preventive care -- routine physicals and immunizations; physicals for study abroad or clinical affiliations
- Confidential HIV counseling and testing (more info)
- Confidential STD counseling and testing (more info)
- International screenings and follow-up of positive PPD tests
- Eating disorder support team (more info)
- Smoking Cessation (more info)
Student Health Services Building
234 Glenbrook Road
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
Hot Health Topics