The University of Connecticut Health Service is a health care facility which is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care Facilities. A wide range of services are offered to students here, including primary health care, acute care (non-life-threatening), counseling and mental health, in-patient care, laboratory, radiology, and pharmacy. Specialized services and programs include a women's clinic, allergy clinic, sports medicine, nutritional counseling, health and wellness education, a cold self-care center, HIV antibody testing, special health clinics, and substance abuse prevention education.
The mission of the University of Connecticut Student Health Services is to promote the lifelong physical and emotional well-being of our students. Our multi-disciplinary team provides high quality, cost-effective Primary Care, Health Promotion and Educational Outreach.
The use of Student Health Services is limited to those students who have paid the Storrs Campus General University Fee. Regional campus students and those enrolled in programs that do not require payment of the Storrs GUF should seek community-based health services.
HOURS OF OPERATION WHEN CLASSES ARE IN SESSION:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Wednesday – 10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
(Arrangements for overnight care can be made when necessary.)
- Saturday and Sunday – 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Advice Nurse is available via phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when school is in session.
Clinical Support Services:
- Laboratory - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy & X-ray - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
HOURS OF OPERATION DURING SUMMER/SCHOOL BREAKS:
Clinical and Business Services:
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy 9 a.m. to noon, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No Lab or X-ray during the summer
Student Health Services staff are here not only for those times when you are ill, injured, or in a crisis situation. We are also a "wellness" resource for students, and offer a diversity of programs that can assist you in achieving your optimal physical and mental health.
Challenge yourself to a more healthful lifestyle.
A healthy Husky is a happy and successful Husky!
News and Announcements