Welcome to Student Health Services!
The University of Connecticut Health Service is a health care facility which is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care Facilities. A wide range of services are offered to students here, including primary health care, acute care (non-life-threatening), counseling and mental health, in-patient care, laboratory, radiology, and pharmacy. Specialized services and programs include a women's clinic, allergy clinic, sports medicine, nutritional counseling, health and wellness education, a cold self-care center, HIV antibody testing, special health clinics, and substance abuse prevention education.
The mission of the University of Connecticut Student Health Services is to promote the lifelong physical and emotional well-being of our students. Our multi-disciplinary team provides high quality, cost-effective Primary Care, Health Promotion and Educational Outreach.
The use of Student Health Services is limited to those students who have paid the Storrs Campus General University Fee. Regional campus students and those enrolled in programs that do not require payment of the Storrs GUF should seek community-based health services.
Student Health Services staff are here not only for those times when you are ill, injured, or in a crisis situation. We are also a "wellness" resource for students, and offer a diversity of programs that can assist you in achieving your optimal physical and mental health.
Challenge yourself to a more healthful lifestyle.
A HEALTHY HUSKY IS A HAPPY & SUCCESSFUL HUSKY!
Hours of Operation during Winter Break
Beginning on Monday, December 16, regular hours during the break will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except:
- Mon. Dec. 23 Service hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with doors closing to incoming patients at 3:30 p.m.
- Tues. Dec. 24 Closed to the public. No clinical services.
- Wed. Dec. 25 Closed - Holiday
- Thurs. Dec. 26 Service hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with doors closing to incoming patients at 3:30 p.m.
- Fri. Dec. 27 Service hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with doors closing to incoming patients at 3:30 p.m.
- Tues. Dec. 31 Service hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with doors closing to incoming patients at 3:30 p.m.
- Wed. Jan. 1 Closed - Holiday
Please note: The 24-hour Advice Line does not operate during Winter Break.
News and Announcements
- INFLUENZA INFORMATION
- Deadlines for Required Immunizations are July 1 and December 1 - Storrs students who have not been able to obtain the required immunizations prior to arriving on campus may make an appointment to receive these vaccinations. Call 860-486-2719. All usual fees will apply. (Note: Regional campus students will need to seek these services in their community.)
- Check your vaccination history on-line! - Student Health Services maintains a web portal through which you may view the immunization information we have on file for you. Go to myhealth.uconn.edu and log in with your NetID. (note: the portal only works with IE9, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers)
- College Health & Safety - Learn About Issues & Healthful Tips»
- Secure Messages from your healthcare provider- Student Health Services is using secure messaging as a confidential and convenient method to contact you regarding your health care. Secure messaging may be used by providers to provide general information, lab results or follow-up instructions. If you are sent a secure message, notification will be sent to your university email address with instructions for logging into our web portal to read the message.
- Excuse Notes Policy Learn More »
- Info on Confidentiality
Hours of Operation
Clinical Services Hours when classes are in session:
- Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Please note: Only patients with urgent medical problems (e.g. accidents, injuries, illness) will be seen during the lunch hour (noon – 1 p.m.) Routine care will be deferred until after 1 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday - 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
(Physician or Nurse Practitioner on premises beginning at noon)
- Advice Nurse is available via phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when school is in session. Call
Laboratory Hours (during academic year)
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pharmacy & X-ray Hours (during academic year)
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Business/Administrative Services Hours (during academic year)
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All Services Hours during Summer and School Breaks
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No Lab or X-ray during the summer